Protocols for Athletic Facilities for Fall Sporting Events
COVID-19 safety protocols for Fall sports can be found at the link below. Inside, you will find information regarding
tickets, concessions, seating capacity, masks, and other general information.
Athletic Event Safety Protocols.
School Operations Update
Return to Normal School Operations Targeted Timeline
- I. Board meets on Tuesday, February 9, 2021 to discuss status
- II. Beginning Monday, February 15, 2021
- A. LES Students return to normal operations for 4 days per week for two weeks as follows:
February 15-18 normal days with February 19 virtual
February 22-25 normal days with February 26 virtual
- B. LMS and LHS students continue hybrid and virtual models
- III. Board meets on Tuesday, February 23, 2021 to discuss status
- IV. Beginning Monday, March 1, 2021 all students return to normal school operations 5 days per week
Instructional Models for 2020-21
Our schools are posting information about the 'models' of education they will provide so that parents can more clearly understand
what will be expected of students, whether in face-to-face or at-home virtual classes.
School COVID-19 Safety Protocols
Each school has developed a protocol list that will be followed by students, staff and visitors. Please review those protocols below carefully.
In addition to those protocols and procedures, please find below a list of additional safety measures we have provided for the
schools. And while we can not 100% guarantee that we can keep any student from getting sick, we have done everything possible to
make the school environment as safe as we can.
- Daily and nightly cleaning will occur in all classes using products that deter COVID-19.
- Installation of all HVAC units with fresh air controls and static cleaning of air intakes has been completed.
- Social distancing at all times in the buildings and buses will be enforced.
- Provision of student masks, disinfectant wipes, student face shields, teacher face shields, sanitizer dispensers, student gloves,
digital no-touch thermometers, social distance signage, "mask when you move" rules and student desk shields or face shields in all classes
as well as similar measures on our buses has been delivered.
Please contact your school if you have any concerns or suggestions.
S.C. DHEC Guidance for School Reponse to COVID-19
Interim COVID-19 guidance for schools: Management of suspect and confirmed COVID-19 cases.
This guidance is intended for schools to plan their response to known or possible cases of COVID-19 as well as known contacts.
This is based on what is currently known about COVID-19 and will be updated as more information and guidance become available.
The entire document is available at the link below:
SCDHEC COVID Repsonse Guidance. (PDF Document Link)
COVID-19 In Schools: Frequently Asked Questions. (PDF Document Link)
Official School News
Please be advised that all official announcements regarding school matters are posted at school
websites and are sent to you through our ALERT system. Any school matters posted through social
media are not official or authorized by the school system and may be incorrect.